Sunday 19 January 2014

"Saving Mr. Banks" | Movie Review

See image credit below 
Yesterday, I decided to go see Saving Mr. Banks, which is an excellent movie. It's about P.L. Travers, who wrote Mary Poppins, and the period of time when Walt Disney was adapting her novel for the silver screen. The film depicts the battle of sorts between P.L. Travers and Walt Disney, and flashes back to the author's childhood to show the relationship between she and her father.

I love the way the film explains how much Mary Poppins as a character means to Mrs. Travers; it's a very heartfelt, emotional and entertaining film. If you're a fan of Mary Poppins, I highly recommend you watch Saving Mr. Banks. And stay a little bit into the credits to hear a real tape recording of P.L. Travers and Disney's team in the studio!

Did you watch Mary Poppins as a child?

Image Credit: "Mary Poppins and Bert" by Disney-Grandpa via flickr in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

2 comments:

  1. I had a blast Saturday!

    And, that movie is definitely on my list. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And it is! I highly recommend it.

      Delete