Thursday 8 May 2014

Bout of Books 10.0 Goals & "To Be Read" List

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I'm doing Bout of Books 10.0! As there are only a few days left before the awesomeness begins, I decided it'd be a good idea to post my goals for the read-a-thon, as well as my "To-Be-Read" list.

I'm doing Bout of Books with two of my best friends, so I know I'll have plenty of support and encouragement; not to mention the fellow participants I'm sure I'll be meeting!

Goals:
  • Read two novels, two graphic novels, one play and listen to one audiobook
  • Participate in (at least) one Twitter chat (I've never done Bout of Books before, so I'm not really sure what to expect for these)
  • Participate in two challenges (again, I've never done this before so I'd like to try different things)
  • Make daily progress posts
  • Read at least one hour per day (although I'm hoping to do more than that)

To-Be-Read:
To-Be-Read for Bout of Books
  • John Green's "The Fault in Our Stars" (I'm also participating in the Chapters/Indigo book club, and TFIOS is this month's book)
  • Moira Young's "Blood Red Road: Dustlands 1" (I'm going to a signing for Moira on Monday, so I might start a bit early on this one)
  • Frank Miller, Klaus Janson and Lynn Varley's "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns"
  • Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster's "The Superman Chronicles: Volume 2"
  • Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot"
  • Mindy Kaling's audiobook "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)"

And of course, this list is tentative; if I feel more inclined to read a different story or (*GASP*) I finish my list with time to spare, I'll choose something else to read.

Are you participating in Bout of Books? What are you reading?

Bout of Books

I'd like to give a big thanks to Christine, who introduced me to and has been showing me the ropes of this read-a-thon!


2 comments:

  1. Great to-read list! I've been debating picking up The Fault in Our Stars before it's turned into a movie, but so far have decided that it just sounds too sad. I hope you have a wonderful Bout of Books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO sad. It'll tug at your heart strings and never let go - I highly recommend it! ;) Thank you very much, I hope you have a great Bout of Books too!

      Delete