Friday 4 July 2014

"Saga: Volume 2" | Book Review

"Saga: Volume 2" Cover
 *Please note: This is a review of Volume TWO. You can read my review of Volume 1 here.*

We pick up where we left off in Volume 1, with Marko's parents having recently arrived on the ship. Seeing how Marko's father, Barr, and Alana get along is a mixture of hilarious and really sweet. Watching their interactions shows us yet again that the Landfallians and Wreathers are not as different as the war is making them seem, and that their peaceful cohabitation is not impossible.

I like that in this volume, we learn more about the main characters, particularly Marko. We get to see snippets of his childhood that heavily hint at why he is now a pacifist.

We also get more of an insight into how Alana and Marko became a couple - I really enjoyed that aspect of the story because they certainly don't have a typical romance!

The series is as action-packed as ever, with our heroes facing new obstacles at every turn - including a very strange, erm, planet; and things get interesting as we're introduced to someone from Marko's past.

I love the way Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ended this volume with a cliffhanger, as they did for Volume 1. I'm a fan of cliffhangers in a way - they leave me wanting more.

Once again, I'm really impressed with Saga and I can't wait to see where Marko, Alana, Hazel and company go next!

What's your favourite comics series right now?

You can also read my review of Volume 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment