Monday 25 August 2014

Aaand that's a wrap! | Bout of Books 11

Yet again, Bout of Books went by so quickly! I had a lot of fun and I ended up participating a lot more in the social aspects of this read-a-thon. I didn't read as much as I'd hoped to, but I did force myself most of the days...so I got more reading done than I would have, had this week not been Bout of Books.

Total Completed Readings: One short novel and one novella

  • Drive by James Sallis
  • Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Additional Incomplete Readings: One short novel and one graphic novel
  • The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
  • Serenity: Better Days by Joss Whedon & co.

Total Number of Pages Read: 387

Challenges Completed: 4


How I did with my goals:
  • I didn't do nearly as much reading as I intended, but I did get through two titles I was looking forward to, so I'm happy about that.
  • I wanted to participate in one Twitter chat, and I did! I really enjoyed that and got to talk to people about stuff I love.
  • I surpassed my challenge goal! I was aiming to do at least three challenges and I ended up doing four! I love challenges, they're always so much fun.
  • I wanted to make daily progress posts, but for one reason or another (redoing a bedroom, rebuilding a cellar), I didn't.
  • I also wanted to read for at least an hour every day, but for the same reasons mentioned above, I didn't.

In summary, I was hoping to read more than I did, but this just means I'm going to try harder next time. Even though I didn't reach all of my goals, I'm glad I read the things that I did!

Bout of Books

Did you make good progress on your reading during Bout of Books 11? Feel free to leave me a link to your wrap-up post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment