Monday 11 August 2014

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Review | Movie Monday

See image credit below
If you're anything like me, the three-year wait for this sequel was a long one even though we saw Cap in 2012's The Avengers and briefly in 2013's Thor: The Dark World. Three years is a long time.

But boy, was it worth the wait! The Winter Soldier is packed with even more action and intrigue than its predecessor.

In this installment, Captain America, aka Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), becomes involved in an elaborate scheme when an important S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague is attacked. He and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) fight side by side, enlisting the help of Falcon (Anthony Mackie) as they dig deeper and face a new nemesis: the Winter Soldier.

One of the things I love most about Captain America are Steve's one-liners, and they're abundant in this film. Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanoff) is another great character in the film; the writers and Scarlett Johansson took her sass up a notch, which I enjoyed - it was really well done and often hilarious! I also really love the interactions between Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, and Steve - they're so sweet and funny together, I want them to be best friends.

This movie will make you feel. It's really emotional - I won't give spoilers in case you don't know the big identity reveal (you'll know what I mean once you watch the film, I promise), but this movie will make your heart hurt and you'll feel very empathetic toward Steve and the tough situation he faces.

If you've been enjoying the Marvel Universe movies, you'll love this one. If you haven't been watching them diligently or are indifferent, I still recommend this because it's a fantastic action movie and it's pretty interesting.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is available on DVD September 9.

I. Love. Marvel.

Image Credit: "Captain America The Winter Soldier Wallpaper" by THEGALATF via deviantart in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment