Monday 11 May 2015

Bookish Survey! | Bout of Books 13 Challenge

It's Bout of Books Day 1, and you know what that means...the challenges have begun! Today's challenge is hosted by Lori over at Writing My Own Fairy Tale, and it's a bookish survey. Feel free to answer any/all of the questions in a comment below or, better yet, leave a comment and link me to your very own responses!

Bout of Books

1. How do you organize your shelves?
"Organize"? I no longer know the meaning of that word. I used to arrange my books vertically with some carefully-placed horizontal ones, but now my collection has extended to piles on my desk, floor...any clear surface, really.

2. What is one of your favourite books that's not in one of your favourite genres?
I don't tend to read many autobiographies or memoirs, but I loved The Wild Oats Project by Robin Rinaldi. It's a really honest account of Robin's one-year open marriage with her husband. I love the honesty and the way it made me think about possibilities in life...and it's educational in more ways than one.

3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
Boo by Neil Smith. I finished it today and oh. my. gosh. It's wonderfully unique, and if you want diverse characters, look no further. Review coming soon!

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
That's tough because I've picked quite a few good'uns for this week. But I'm going to have to say Saga, Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples; I love this series so much and I'm excited to journey through the next volume!

5. What book do you recommend the most?
I tend to recommend books based on what I've just finished, so this changes quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment