Friday 31 July 2015

The Fourth Annual Ontario Book Blogger Meet-Up | Event Recap

Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the fourth annual Ontario Book Blogger Meet-Up! It was my first time attending so I wasn't sure exactly what the event was going to be like; what I knew for sure was that it was going to give me a chance to get to know some fellow bloggers who are as obsessed with books as I am.

All the books and swag I collected at the event!

It was truly an awesome event. We met in downtown Toronto at a restaurant called The Ballroom, where we were greeted by the ladies of Book Blog Ontario and promptly given a tote bag FULL of books. As they say, start as you mean to go on; it was a great start to a great event!


As we mingled with fellow book-lovers, the friendly staff brought around delicious appetizers - they had poutine, mac and cheese, sliders, fish and chips, and - my favourite - risotto balls.

Thank you to Michelle at Musings of a Writer for taking these!

There were several authors in attendance, which was so cool! I got the chance to get my books signed and have a chat with K.A. Tucker (above, left) and Sally Christie (above, right).

Author group shot!

Before the Meet-Up, we had a Google Doc where we could list books we wanted to give away, and also claim books we'd like to take off other people's hands. Thank you to Michele, ChristineJaclyn, and LĂ©onicka for giving me books that I can't wait to read!

I had such a fun time meeting and getting to know like-minded people and I'm so glad I attended! It was so well-organized and I'm blown away by how generous everyone there was.

If you'd like a closer look at all the titles I received at the event, you can check them out in my July Book Haul!

All photos by Nikki unless otherwise stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment