Monday 24 August 2015

Aaaand that's a wrap on Bout of Books 14!

I can't believe it - yet another Bout of Books has already come and gone! I'm pretty happy with my accomplishments this time around, and I think that's partly because I FINALLY set realistic goals for myself.

Bout of Books

Total Completed Readings: 1 1/4 novels, 1 graphic novel, 6 comic issues
  • Tales of the Night Watchman: Volume One # 1-3, Tales of the Night Watchman presents It Came from the Gowanus Canal, Tales of the Night Watchman presents The Night Collector, Tales of the Night Watchman: Staycation by Dave Kelly, Lara Antal, Molly Ostertag, and Amanda Scurti
  • The Adventures of Superhero Girl by Faith Erin Hicks
  • (1/4 of) The Deadbeat Club by Dietrich Kalteis
  • The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon

Additional Readings: 1 novel
  • The Hesitation Cut by Giles Blunt

Total Pages Read: 651

Challenges Completed: 4
  • I wanted to read 1 1/4 novels (I'm participating in The Word on the Street's book club, and we're reading The Deadbeat Club over the course of this month) and I did.
  • I wanted to read 1 graphic novel and I did.
  • I wanted to read 5 comic books and I read 6.
  • I wanted to participate in at least 1 Twitter chat and I did not.
  • I wanted to participate in at least 3 challenges and I did 4.
  • I wanted to make daily progress posts and I did.
  • I wanted to read for at least 1 hour per day, and on most days, I did.

Even though I didn't check off every single goal I set, I'm pretty pleased with what I did accomplish. Yay for realistic goals!

Did you meet your goals for Bout of Books 14? Let me know some of your accomplishments in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment